Wednesday, April 30, 2008

D.C. So Close to Home







We finally made it!!!! We arrived in Philadelphia on April 24th and our apartments are super nice and very spacious(finally! good apartments). The surrounding area is so pretty and green; it sort of reminds me of Indiana.
We had some time before Matt had to start working so we visited Washington DC for a day. We saw most of the monuments and went to the spy museum. We also saw some super slueth security guard pacing the rooftop of the whitehouse. DC is less than two hours away from where we live so we plan on visiting often on sunday afternoons.

9 comments:

Elisa said...

I'm so sad you're already gone! Walker is gonna be huge when I actually get to see him in person! I hope you guys have a good time out there! Keep in touch and I'll see you when you get back. Love you!

The Starks said...

Hey its Chelsi. Those are some cool pictures! I am excited to go there!! Cute blog! Email me your email and I will add you! chelsistarks@gmail.com

The Kolste Family said...

We will miss you! Good Luck this summer!!!

Kara said...

It's a little more lonely without you guys around. It's good to hear that you're having a good time. Good luck!

Unknown said...

We miss you all! We want more picture of the kids!!! Connor is sad without Kelty, but Glad to have Grandma back all to himself. Although I got a glimpse into the future last night when i came home and Connor was crying because Taylor was trying to get him to eat veggies! We'll be lonely without all of you! Love Kristy & Connor

Natalie said...

When we lived in Virginia we went to D.C. a couple times as well, we loved being able to see all the sites! Glad you guys made it safe! Hope the summer goes great! Oh ya, Jess if you can or get a minute will you see if you can get me that number of the guy who does the fireplaces? If not no big deal!
Thanks!

robandsasha said...

Wow, way to go for you guys. What a neat experience that'll be! Jess, I have made my blog private. IF you desire to read it, I don't have your email. Email me at francissasha@yahoo.com. Hope you guys are doing well!

Shawna and Daniel Bates said...

That is so much fun!! I will make it there one day:) Hope you guys have fun!! Tell Megan and Sam hi for me!!

Sarah said...

Wow! You didn't waste anytime sight seeing this year. That looks like fun!