Thursday, January 15, 2009

Apx trip to Cancun

Apx took us out to some really nice places to eat (interesting food).
The pic below is our party group...CoCo Bongo here we come!!


Please excuse Matt's frightening facial hair. He told his office there was a prize for the best mustache in Cancun...Matt will find any excuse to look white trash:)

We spotted two sting rays while snorkeling...the one in this picture was pretty big and was really mad a Matt for following him.





We just got home from Cancun, Mexico!!! and it really was such a blast. The first couple of days we actually went to Cozumel and did some snorkeling and Matt did some scuba diving. We rented a scooter for 40 bucks and drove around the coastline of the island and found a really cool place to go snorkeling. After Cozumel we traveled over to our all inclusive hotel in Cancun to meet up with the rest Apx. In Cancun we got to drive some wave runners on a "jungle" tour to a really cool snorkeling spot. We went to Chichenitza (pics below) one day and found a giant sink hole to go cliff jumping into. Oh, and probably the funnest experience that we had (but forgot our camera) was going to a dance club called the CoCo Bongo!! Matt dragged me into going to the club one late night and I was so tired and bitter about going, but once we got inside it was like a huge party with shows, dancers, singers, acrobats, confetti and balloons falling from the ceiling...needless to say, I loved it and we ended up staying till 1:30am!!
The last day we were there we got a really awesome massage at the hotel before we came home... which is a good thing because when we got home I had to take Walker to the doctor, and we found out he has bronchitis and ear infections in both ears. Back to reality.

5 comments:

collinanddani said...

That looks like so much fun! I want to be where it's warm! I left a message on your phone about Whitney's baby shower on Saturday at 1:30 at my club house. I hope you can come! Let me know if you need directions or anything

Staci shWilliams said...

I'm glad you got to have a little vacation now that you have to take care of a sick baby! :) Your guys time in Cozumel looked way fun!

Kara said...

Great pictures! Fun trip.

Natalie said...

Loved Matt's stach! Glad you guys could come, it was such a fun trip!
So sorry Walker is sick, hope he gets better soon

jakeychucky said...

Hey Jessica, I'm glad you guys had a good time in Mexico. That must've been a blast. I am excited to go out this summer for sure! I would definately like to get together and talk more about it sometime soon. I need help from someone who is experience in being away for 4 months with 2 kids and what the necessities are etc. Hope to talk to you soon!
- Jake