Monday, July 20, 2009

Walker




My little Walkie is such a sweetheart. He follows his big sister around all day and does everything she does. Lately he has been trying to learn how to ride Matt's razor scooter. He sees all the other boys riding them around and he MUST ride it too! He will not let me help him, he will not try kelty's 3-wheeled scooter and he cannot do it, so he basically walks around with the scooter crying in frustration hurting himself and then crying some more. 
He also insists on swimming in the deep end of the pool like all the other children. Even though I have let him drown a few times, he still walks straight into the deep end with no hesitation. So, i have put floaties on him and he quickly learned how to swim!! well sort of... its more like he floats and then sputters a bit when he starts to tip, but he does stay above water without my help. Walker is turning 17 months in a few days and he already can do almost everything that kelty can, except carry on a conversation. Sometimes I forget how old walker really is and i treat him like any other 2 year old. There is definitely a special place in my heart for my sweet red headed walkie talkie:) And thank you kelly for taking these cute pics for me.

4 comments:

Kelly Spence said...

I forget how young he actually is too. When he was crawling on the edge of that wood structure I was just snapping pictures not thinking that he could fall right off the edge because he is just an uncoordinated 17 month old!

jakeychucky said...

He is such a stud! He is the cutest little redhead I've seen! Dude, I feel kind of left out cause we're not on your list of buddies:( j/k - anyway, I'm excited to go to pick berries next time you all go! Sounds like fun!

Sarah said...

He is so cute. It looks like you guys live in the most amazing place. Wish I was there ;)

Natalie said...

Walker is so freakin cute! I love those pictures! Can't wait to hang out when you guys get back!