Saturday, June 7, 2008

Strawberry Festival

I tried to help Kelty find some ripe red strawberries to eat but she kept eating the white sour ones.


Walker went crazy over the strawberry I gave him. He started salivating the moment the juice hit his lips!

Today we went and picked ourselves some yummy fresh strawberries. There is a fruit farm close to our house that has lots of fun events to attend on weekends. You take a hayride out to the fields and pick your own strawberries and there is music, ponyrides, animals, and a fresh farmers market. Kelty loved picking strawberries...well she mostly just ate them. I would pick them and put them in the carton and then i would turn around to find kelty eating them all. I can't wait for the Raspberry festival next month!!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Wow that looks delicious! There is so much fun stuff around you!

Erin said...

You are such a good photographer! I love the close up of the strawberry. When I try to do close-ups I just get a white object if I have the flash on, or a dark pic if I don't. What do you do?

Erin said...

I know. We need to get together and photo-swap.

Vanes said...

We can't wait for the raspberries either! Maybe we can work it out to go together next time? The first thing we thought when we left was, "We want to come back!" Thanx for all your hard work in planning activities - this has been a great experience for our family!!

Joe and Heidi said...

Hey Jessica its heidi-it looks like you are having a fun summer. we miss you at bunco. your kids are so cute. you can check us out at joeandheidipruitt.blogspot.com

Erin said...

Hey, Jess, can you email me a couple pictures of the apx party today. One of the guys all together, and one of them surrounding the pool facing backward (if you took one), and one of them diving for quarters? Full size photos, if that's okay. Thanks!
jason.erin.g@gmail.com And I've got some pictures for you.

Aaron and Stacey Stevenson said...

I'm jealous! I used to do that with my Mom all the time when we lived in Maryland. Thank goodness they don't weigh the children on the way in and on the way out, huh? :)

Jordan and Michaela Spence said...

I love that pic of Walker eating the strawberry, he's so cute!! I'm excited fot the raspberry fest!!