Monday, September 13, 2010

Camping in moab

My kids are always so full of energy (its exhausting for me) so hiking to the arch was easy for them. Walker hiked all the way there and almost all the way back...he did not want anyone to help him or hold his hand.
In the morning after a long freezing night's sleep i looked over at walker and found him with this big strawberry in his mouth, just staring at the fire pit (totally out of it).
These are some pics of my dad's first experiences rock crawling on the Razor. He did not understand the concept of going nice and slow up the rock so that you grip to the rocks...he gave it a full throttle kick and ended up riding up the rocks on just his back two wheels.
It was a fun weekend (not really relaxing) but fun. My children just love camping, hiking, getting dirty, and playing with bugs & flashlights.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

ha hah. walker with that strawberry in his mouth is too funny. we camped in our backyard...it wasn't quite as good as moab i guess but we are taking baby steps.

Emichan said...

What a fun trip, I love the pics of the kids in front of the arch. If I had gone hiking there, I probably would have been totally out of it like Walker! =) Oh, to have our kids' energy!

Natalie said...

Looks like a fun weekend, I love Moab! So sad you won't be there this weekend. Let's get together soon!

Mindy said...

I love the picture of Walker, that is so funny.

Aaron and Stacey Stevenson said...

Looks like a fun time! We'd love to hang out this next week. Just give me a call.