Thursday, September 2, 2010

Mrs. Shaw

Well, for the past 2 weeks I have been helping my little sister Megan (A.K.A. Mrs. Shaw) pull her classroom together. She got hired 4 days before school started so i came to her rescue and drew these cute animals for her room and i thought my theme "It's a Zoo in Here" was very appropriate for any Special Ed room with 13 students ranging from kindergarten to 4th grade and a first year teacher that was hired 4 days before school started! I have never had the opportunity to teach special ed students but Megan has roped me into teaching a couple times a week (since she does not like teaching in front of a class)...and i love working with meg's cute little students. Seriously it has been the most rewarding experience to work with them (I have cried occasionally because i care about them so much). If any one has some extra time on their hands you can volunteer to help her class anytime, cause she really needs the help! I think i really would love to teach my own classroom someday....and i will be taking my animals with me:)

4 comments:

Ben and Brooke said...

Oh my goodness!! I love her room! You did such a good job on the animals. They are adorable. I should have had you come do my room last year. So cute! Great job Jess (and Meg)!!

Erin said...

I should have roped you into teaching for me when I was teaching - too bad I didn't know you then. Sounds like you're back and busy. Oh, teaching is so very hard. Good luck to Megan.

Mindy said...

That is so cute. You guys did a great job.

The Kolste Family said...

How cute! You are so talented! We are going to have to get together soon, so we aren't just Houston friends!