Thursday, July 31, 2008

My Last 5k Ever!

On your mark... Get set...
Go!

Meet the runners: Bo and Tami- Bo is quite the fireball racer and is the youngest to run the 5k Latin Way race. Tami is the mother of two and tackled this race like it was no problem. Mandy- This was Mandy's first race in her entire life and did totally awesome! Courtney- She runs 5k's all the time and wins them from time to time. Jessica (me)- Jessica is going to retire from her race running days but really had a blast running this one!

The Fans
As you can see a bunch of us Apx wives and little Bo decided to run a 5k race (it was actually Bo's idea). It really was alot of fun and everybody did awesome. My only problem was that i don't think my body was ready for the race and it just totally killed me over. I don't ever want to run a race again unless i am 20 lbs lighter and fit as a fiddle (never will happen).
So this guy in the last picture was so funny running with his thick gold chains, goggles, and cute little bald head, we just had to have a picture with him.

4 comments:

Erin said...

That is such a cute post. I wish I could have come :( I love the guy with the chains.

Natalie said...

Great job Jess! I haven't ever run one and probably never will :)

Mary said...

So I must admit I am a little jealous of you guys out seeing the world and doing lots of new things. We have actually done quite a bit of traveling this summer, but still in P town. we will have to hang out when you get back or something.

Niels and Kayla said...

good job i could not of done that! you are my inspiration...haha for whenever i uh...ok i never will do that, awesome job though!